Plan Your Trip
Favorite Utah Links
Local Sport Shops/Rentals/Recreation:
- Detours Canoes, kayaks, SUPs, bicycle rentals in Huntsville.
- Diamond Peaks Ski Shop skis & bikes rentals and retail in Eden, 7 miles
- Club Rec Snowmobiles, ski boats, watercraft & motorcycles
- Alpine Sports in Ogden seasonal ski & snowboard shop
- Snowbasin Grizzly Center Rental Shop skis & bike rentals, gift shop
- Snowbasin Ski School
- Powder Mountain Ski
- Utah Mountain Biking trails & rides
- Weber Pathways: local hiking, biking & horseback trails
- Recreation Outlet Camping and backcountry needs in Ogden.
- Sportsman's Warehouse Hunting, fishing, camping & apparel in
- .Smith & Edwards Camping,Hiking, Hunting, fishing, Tack and western apparel.
- REI Salt Lake City
- Backcountry.com in Salt Lake City
Weather and Avalanche:
- Huntsville 7 day forcast
- Utah Avalanche Center
- Wasatch Weather Weenies Mountain Meteorology and Powder Snobbery Blog
- Utah Department of Transportation: This is a great website to pull up before you start any roadtrip! Check road conditions, closures and what's under construction in Utah.
- Free Spirit Spa & Yoga
- Diamond Peaks Heli-ski adventures (doorstep pick-up)
- Weber County Library The Huntsville branch is within walking distance
- Horseback Rides Red Cliff Ranch
- Snowbasin: Summer Blues Brews & BBQ Sundays (June-Sept)
- Ogden Valley Balloon Festival August
- Ogden Valley Roots and Blues Festival August
- Amazing Raise 5k & Festival for Ogden Valley non-profits. September
- Xterra Championships at Snowbasin September
- Huntsville Marathon Boston Qualifier, late September
- Ogden Raptors Professional Baseball - Pioneer league affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers
- Peery's Egyptian Theater Cultural events in Ogden
- Salt Lake City Concerts
- SmithsTix.com has a good schedule of concerts and events in and around Salt Lake City.
- Crystal Hot Springs..45 minutes up the fruit byway to Honeyville.
- NBA's Utah Jazz
- Weber State University Sports and culture
- Hardware Ranch Wildlife Management Area A great opportunity to learn more about elk and other wildlife.
- Smith & Edwards Utah's biggest general store. Camping, Hiking, Hunting, fishing, Tack and western apparel. Awesome!
- U.S. Ski Team
- Ogden Valley Images Great pics of unspoiled beauty in the Ogden Valley
- KSL.com Northern Utah classified ads
- Impact Images Richard Caldwell Photography
- Planet Pootwaddle Radio Baby Boomers Paradise
- KRCL Radio Salt Lake City community radio, folk, alternative & rock
Real Estate Professionals:
Huntsville's Nuclear Option..
Eric Peterson from Frommers Guidebook writes, "Growing up in the shadow of a nuclear power plant in San Clemente California gave Wes the inspiration for the chalet's name, but his experience as volleyball player in Italy and Switzerland inspired its style and service. The Atomic Chalet, which opened in 2000 and housed the U.S. Ski Team during the 2002 Winter Olympics, is a two-story, cedar-clad lodge with a pool table in the parlor and a hip sensibility throughout. The four rooms have one king-size or queen-size bed, plus a ladder up to a loft with one or two twins. The soft color scheme accents unfinished pine furnishings, marble-laden bathrooms, and nice mountain views."
Hi I'm Wes, Your host, chief cook and bottle washer at the chalet. Because of its unspoiled beauty and idyllic ski conditions, Huntsville and the Ogden Valley have become our home. The inspiration for a bed & breakfast comes from the European Alps and in particular the ambiance of small Italian pensioni.
We take a lot of pride in the chalet since we designed and built the place practically ourselves. We are constantly making thoughtful improvements at the chalet to improve your getaway or ski vacation. Since the millennium, we have enjoyed providing a relaxing and casual environment for guests.
Keri and I invite you to come and discover the serenity of the Ogden Valley and pure skiing at our vast resorts.